The Best Weymouth Pubs
Weymouth pubs play host to a variety of tastes. The coastal town of Weymouth, situated at the heart of the Jurassic Coast in Dorset, is home to numerous quintessential British pubs, making it a brilliant location to enjoy the best of British food and drink.
This guide highlights the best Weymouth pubs and why they guarantee a sensational experience to locals and tourists alike.
The Spice Ship
- Location: Preston Rd
- Why: Cosy Interior, Great for Sport, Open Mic Karaoke.
- Who: Ideal for those who want to watch sport in a chilled out clean environment.
The Fat Badger
- Location: Pebble Bank Caravan Park
- Why: Beautiful location with Chesil Views, Modern Interior, Great Food, Dog friendly.
- Who: The best kept secret of Weymouth pubs. Despite being part of the Pebble Bank Caravan Park, the Fat Badger is loved by locals and tourists alike. Here you will find delicious food and stunning views – brought to you by welcoming involved owners.
The Bridge Inn
- Location: Bridge Inn Lane, Preston
- Why: Quaint riverside location, Dart board and Pool Table, Wide variety of beverages.
- Who: A great spot to relax with friends over a pint and a game of pool.
The Cove House Inn
- Location: Chesil Cove, Portland
- Why: Stunning location with sunset views of Chesil Beach, Great choice of alcoholic drinks.
- Who: For those who want to watch the sunset with their favourite person and a pint.
The Smugglers Inn
- Location: Osmington Mills
- Why: Large rustic interior, Wide Variety of Drinks, Beautiful Setting with lots of outdoor seating.
- Who: Great for family gatherings and sunny days.
The Red Lion
- Location: Hope Square
- Why: Historic setting, local ales.
- Who: Great for a classic British pub experience.
The Duke of Cornwall
- Location: St Edmund St
- Why: Live Music, Always Busy, Intimate Setting.
- Who: The best kept secret of Weymouth nightlife, if nightclubs aren’t your thing – head here to sing-a-long to live music.
The Elm Tree
- Location: Shop Lane, Langton Herring
- Why: Peaceful out of town setting, Great Food.
- Who: Perfect for couples looking for a relaxing date spot with a delicious dining experience.
The Marquis of Granby
- Location: Chickerell Rd
- Why: Great food (with generous portions), Amazing Carvery.
- Who: For those looking for a delicious dining experience.
- Location: The Esplanade
- Why: Amazing food, Live Sport (with many screens), Next to bus stops and the train station.
- Who: A great all rounder, a large pub with good food and live sport.
The Turks Head
- Location: East Street, Chickerell
- Why: Great selection of Drinks, Live Music, Good Food, Cosy location.
- Who: For those looking for a great time away from the busier Weymouth pubs in the town centre.
The Lugger Inn
- Location: West Street, Chickerell
- Why: Great selection of food and drink. Kid-friendly, family environment.
- Who: If you’re looking for a great spot for dinner with your little ones, look no further.
The Ship Inn
- Location: Custom House Quay
- Why: Harbour views, seafood menu.
- Who: Ideal for those who love a view with their pint.
The George Bar & Grill
- Location: The Esplanade
- Why: Modern vibe, craft beers.
- Who: Perfect for a more upscale night out.
The Old Rooms Inn
- Location: The Quay
- Why: Family-friendly, historic.
- Who: A cosy setting with a nautical theme.
The Black Dog
- Location: St Mary Street
- Why: Sports screenings, pub games.
- Who: For those who want to catch a game.
Weymouth’s pub scene is rich and varied. Whether you prefer historic settings or modern vibes, you’ll find a pub that suits you. The town caters to all, from ale enthusiasts to families.
Singles, couples, and families will all find a welcoming spot. Raise a glass to the diverse culture of Weymouth pubs. Enjoy responsibly and savour the unique flavours and atmospheres that Weymouth pubs have to offer.