Bournemouth Restaurants: A Culinary Guide
Looking for a delightful dining experience in Bournemouth? You’re in for a treat! Explore a variety of cuisines that this coastal town has to offer. From seafood delights to international flavours, Bournemouth restaurants have something for every palate.
- Seafood Options – Bournemouth Restaurants
- Italian Options – Bournemouth Restaurants
- Asian Options – Bournemouth Restaurants
- Traditional British Options – Bournemouth Restaurants
- Mediterranean Options – Bournemouth Restaurants
- Vegetarian and Vegan Options – Bournemouth Restaurants
- Dessert Options – Bournemouth Restaurants
Seafood Options – Bournemouth Restaurants
- The Crab at Bournemouth: Located along the picturesque coastline, The Crab at Bournemouth is a seafood lover’s paradise. Dive into a menu teeming with the freshest catch of the day. From succulent Dorset crab to perfectly pan-seared scallops, this restaurant takes you on a maritime culinary journey. Prices range from £20-£40 per person.
- WestBeach: For an unparalleled dining experience with breathtaking sea views, WestBeach is the go-to spot. As you savour dishes like rich fish stew and perfectly grilled sea bass, the serene ambiance enhances every bite. The menu offers a diverse selection of seafood delights to please your palate. Prices vary from £25-£45 per person.
- The Jetty: A seafood haven at the Christchurch Harbour Hotel, The Jetty offers delectable seafood options like lobster and crab linguine. Prices range from £30-£50 per person.
- Aruba: Combining coastal vibes with fantastic seafood, Aruba serves up dishes such as crab cakes and seafood paella. Prices vary from £20-£40 per person.
- Rick Stein: Renowned chef Rick Stein’s restaurant in Sandbanks promises an exquisite seafood experience with dishes like Dover sole and seafood curry. Prices range from £35-£60 per person.
- The Fisherman’s Haunt: A little further afield in nearby Christchurch, this charming pub offers classics like beer-battered fish and chips and seafood platters. Prices vary from £15-£30 per person.
These seafood restaurants in Bournemouth ensure that your taste buds embark on an oceanic adventure, showcasing the finest flavours from the sea. Whether you prefer a luxurious seafood dining experience or a more casual seaside meal, Bournemouth has you covered.
Italian Options – Bournemouth Restaurants
- Da Mario: Step into Da Mario, where authenticity meets Italian excellence. This charming eatery captures the essence of Italy with every dish. From the creamy delight of pasta carbonara to the heavenly aroma of wood-fired pizzas, the menu is a culinary journey through Italy. Prices range from £10-£20 per person.
- Osteria Rodizio: If you’re in the mood for a unique fusion of Italian and Brazilian flavours, Osteria Rodizio is the place to be. Here, you can savour the best of both worlds. Dive into Brazilian-style grilled meats cooked to perfection and tantalising pasta dishes that blend the best of Italy and Brazil. Prices vary from £15-£30 per person.
- Zucchini Pasta Bar: For pasta lovers, Zucchini Pasta Bar is a hidden gem. Enjoy handmade pasta dishes, from rich fettuccine Alfredo to spicy arrabbiata. Prices range from £12-£25 per person.
- Pizza Express: A classic choice for pizza enthusiasts, Pizza Express offers a wide selection of gourmet pizzas, including the iconic Margherita and American Hot. Prices vary from £10-£20 per person.
- Vesuvio: Nestled in the heart of Bournemouth, Vesuvio offers a romantic setting for Italian dining. Feast on dishes like osso buco and lobster linguine. Prices range from £20-£40 per person.
- Piccola Italia: This family-run trattoria is a local favourite, known for its homemade pasta and traditional Italian recipes. Prices vary from £10-£20 per person.
Bournemouth’s Italian dining scene is a true homage to the flavours of Italy. Whether you’re seeking classic Italian dishes, inventive fusions, or handmade pasta, these restaurants promise an unforgettable Italian culinary experience.
Asian Options – Bournemouth Restaurants
- Tuk Tuk Thai: Embark on a culinary voyage to Thailand right in the heart of Bournemouth. At Tuk Tuk Thai, prepare your taste buds for an explosion of vibrant flavours. Classic Thai dishes like fragrant Pad Thai and aromatic green curry take centre stage. The balance of sweet, salty, sour, and spicy notes in each dish is a testament to authentic Thai cuisine. Prices range from £10-£20 per person.
- Koh Thai: For those craving a blend of Thai and Asian flavours, Koh Thai is a must-visit. This restaurant takes fusion to new heights, offering a diverse menu that includes sushi rolls, bold curries, and much more. The harmonious blend of textures and flavours in dishes like their famous Massaman curry or inventive sushi creations promises a taste adventure. Prices vary from £15-£30 per person.
- Umami: Located in the heart of Bournemouth, Umami offers a fusion of Asian cuisines, from Japanese sushi to Thai curries. Prices range from £15-£30 per person.
- Mint Leaf: Explore a diverse menu that combines the best of Thai, Indian, and Chinese cuisines. From crispy spring rolls to spicy Szechuan stir-fries, there’s something for everyone. Prices vary from £15-£25 per person.
- The Thai Edge: This restaurant offers a unique fusion of Thai and European flavours, with dishes like Thai-style duck confit and green curry risotto. Prices range from £20-£40 per person.
- Sakura Japanese Dining: If you’re a fan of Japanese cuisine, Sakura is your go-to spot for sushi, sashimi, and teppanyaki. Prices vary from £15-£35 per person.
Bournemouth’s Asian fusion restaurants are a testament to the diverse and exciting culinary landscape of the town. Whether you’re in the mood for traditional Thai flavours, inventive sushi creations, or a fusion of Asian cuisines, these restaurants have you covered. Prepare to embark on a flavourful journey across Asia right here in Bournemouth.
Traditional British Options – Bournemouth Restaurants
- The Stable: If you’re in search of quintessential British comfort food, look no further than The Stable. This charming eatery invites you to relish classic British pies and pairs them perfectly with a refreshing selection of ciders. The cosy atmosphere adds to the experience as you tuck into favourites like steak and ale pie or a hearty ploughman’s lunch. Prices range from £10-£20 per person.
- The Ox Hotel: For a taste of tradition, head to The Ox Hotel. Sundays are a special affair here, where you can savour the time-honoured British tradition of a Sunday roast. Succulent meats, roasted to perfection, accompanied by all the trimmings are the highlights. However, the menu also features a variety of hearty pub grub options like fish and chips and bangers and mash. Prices vary from £15-£30 per person.
- The Goat and Tricycle: A beloved local pub, The Goat and Tricycle offers classic British pub fare, including plump sausages, homemade pies, and generous portions of fish and chips. Prices range from £10-£20 per person.
- The Print Room: Housed in a historic building, The Print Room serves up British classics with a modern twist. Try dishes like confit duck leg or roast cod with a creative flair. Prices vary from £20-£40 per person.
- The Fox Inn: Located in the nearby village of Corfe Castle, The Fox Inn offers a charming setting and a menu brimming with traditional British dishes like lamb shank and bubble and squeak. Prices range from £15-£30 per person.
- The Goat’s Cheese: This quaint restaurant is known for its dedication to locally sourced ingredients and British-inspired dishes, such as homemade steak and kidney pie. Prices vary from £15-£25 per person.
Bournemouth’s traditional British restaurants provide a taste of homey, comforting meals that have been cherished for generations. Whether you’re craving a classic pie, a hearty Sunday roast, or other British favourites, these establishments offer a warm and welcoming dining experience.
Mediterranean Options – Bournemouth Restaurants
- Ouzo and Olive: For a taste of the Mediterranean, Ouzo and Olive offers a delightful journey to Greece. Dive into the flavours of moussaka, aubergine dishes, and succulent souvlaki skewers. The menu boasts the freshest ingredients and traditional recipes that capture the essence of Greek cuisine. Prices range from £15-£25 per person.
- Turtle Bay: If you’re in the mood for a unique fusion of Caribbean and Mediterranean flavours, Turtle Bay is a must-visit. This vibrant restaurant brings the spirit of the Caribbean to Bournemouth with dishes like spicy jerk chicken and flavorful curries. The lively atmosphere and rum cocktails add to the island-inspired experience. Prices vary from £10-£20 per person.
- El Murrino: Experience a blend of Mediterranean flavours with a focus on Italian and Spanish cuisine. From wood-fired pizzas to paella, this restaurant offers a taste of the Mediterranean’s finest. Prices range from £15-£30 per person.
- La Piccola Italia: Nestled in a charming corner of Bournemouth, this restaurant offers authentic Italian and Mediterranean dishes, including seafood risotto and bruschetta. Prices vary from £15-£25 per person.
- Zoukinis: For a vegetarian twist on Mediterranean cuisine, Zoukinis presents creative dishes like stuffed peppers and falafel wraps. Prices range from £10-£20 per person.
- The Real Greek: A part of the popular chain, The Real Greek serves up Greek classics like moussaka and meze platters, perfect for sharing. Prices vary from £10-£20 per person.
Bournemouth’s Mediterranean restaurants offer a diverse range of flavours, from the sun-drenched coasts of Greece to the vibrant spices of the Caribbean. Whether you seek classic Mediterranean dishes or inventive fusion cuisine, these restaurants promise a delightful dining experience that transports you to the Mediterranean shores.
Vegetarian and Vegan Options – Bournemouth Restaurants
- Zizzi: Zizzi is a haven for both vegetarians and vegans seeking Italian cuisine. Their menu boasts a variety of delectable vegetarian and vegan options. From creamy vegan pasta dishes to plant-based pizzas, there’s something to satisfy every Italian craving. Prices range from £10-£20 per person.
- Mad Cucumber: For those dedicated to a vegan or vegetarian lifestyle, Mad Cucumber offers a delightful array of plant-based dishes. From hearty vegan burgers to fresh and vibrant salads, this restaurant has you covered. The menu is a testament to the creativity and flavour that can be achieved without meat or animal products. Prices vary from £10-£20 per person.
- The Cosy Club: This eclectic eatery offers a separate vegetarian and vegan menu with options like vegan Buddha bowls and hearty vegetarian breakfasts. Prices range from £10-£20 per person.
- Arbor Restaurant: Located in the Green House Hotel, Arbor specialises in gourmet vegetarian and vegan cuisine. Explore dishes like vegan gnocchi or aubergine and chickpea curry. Prices vary from £20-£40 per person.
- Bhavi’s Veg: If you’re in the mood for Indian flavours, Bhavi’s Veg offers a delightful selection of vegetarian and vegan Indian dishes, including samosas and rich curries. Prices range from £10-£20 per person.
- Purewell Cross Vegan Kitchen: Located a short drive from Bournemouth, this vegan restaurant serves comfort food classics like vegan mac and cheese and hearty vegan breakfasts. Prices vary from £10-£20 per person.
With an array of vegetarian and vegan dining options, many Bournemouth restaurants are committed to catering for diverse dietary preferences. Whether you’re a seasoned vegan or simply exploring plant-based dishes, these Bournemouth restaurants offer a delicious and satisfying experience for all palates.
Dessert Options – Bournemouth Restaurants
- Sprinkles Gelato: If you have a sweet tooth, Sprinkles Gelato is a paradise for indulgence. Their menu offers a wide range of sweet treats, from creamy gelato in a multitude of flavours to mouthwatering waffles and delicate crepes. Whether you’re in the mood for a classic scoop of gelato or a decadent dessert creation, Sprinkles Gelato has options to satisfy your cravings. Prices range from £5-£10 per person.
- Chococo: For connoisseurs of fine chocolates and artisanal desserts, Chococo is a haven. This establishment specialises in handcrafted chocolates and delectable desserts that tantalise the taste buds. The menu offers an assortment of chocolate truffles, cakes, and pastries. The prices vary depending on your choices, but the quality and taste are always exceptional.
- Konditor & Cook: A dessert-lover’s dream, this bakery offers a tempting selection of cakes, brownies, and cookies. Prices vary depending on your selections.
- Giggi Gelateria: Another gelato gem, Giggi Gelateria, serves up a delightful array of gelato flavours and toppings, making it perfect for creating your customised dessert. Prices range from £5-£10 per person.
- Dylan’s Ice Cream: A family-run ice cream parlour, Dylan’s offers a charming atmosphere and a range of ice cream flavours, sundaes, and milkshakes. Prices vary depending on your choices.
- Le Petit Prince Pâtisserie: If you’re in the mood for French-inspired desserts, this patisserie offers a delectable assortment of pastries, macarons, and cakes. Prices range from £5-£10 per person.
Bournemouth’s dessert destinations provide a delightful finale to any meal. Whether you crave the cool refreshment of gelato, the rich indulgence of handcrafted chocolates, or a wide array of baked goods, these establishments offer a sweet escape for your taste buds.
Bournemouth restaurants offer a diverse range of culinary experiences. Whether you crave fresh seafood by the sea, the warmth of Italian cuisine, exotic Asian flavours, or traditional British dishes, you’ll find it here. Don’t forget to explore vegetarian and vegan options, and round off your meal with a sweet treat from one of the dessert destinations.
Enjoy your gastronomic journey in Bournemouth! For any other Bournemouth tips and recommendations – keep it right here with More Leads Local – helping you make the most of Dorset.